Monday, June 11, 2007

It's hot in Winnipeg

How hot is it you ask? I've finally turned on the A.C. today. The temp here is 32 Celsius.
I can't imagine having to play baseball tonight, but it's better than the cold rainy weather we've been having.
Here's how my week is shaping up. I work tomorrow and Wednesday, then it's the Bomber game, then yet another wedding. Sadly, there will be no theme, just your standard run-of-the-mill wedding. I'll get a chance to visit with some friends whom I haven't seen in a while. Ali is a bride's maid, so I'm glad I can sit with people that I know.

We also have new neighbours. I was out cooking on the grill the other night, and was wanting to go over and introduce myself. After a few minutes of awkward pacing, pulling some weeds by the patio, and observing the sky, I just walked over and said hi.
They are a nice couple, I just wish that they were a little closer in age to us. No big deal, we'll be moving (hopefully) in a few months anyway.

It was weird being here by myself this weekend. I enjoyed eating what I wanted, watching whatever I wanted, playing video games, drinking beer, and making a mess. The hard part was sleeping at night. I'm never paranoid, but when I go to bed at night, I think there are people breaking into our front door, or trying to get through the windows. I guess it doesn't help much that I've been reading all sorts of zombie books. I'm such a wuss.

I'm happy Ali is back tonight. She can protect me from the zombies and whatever goes bump in the night.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Maybe you should be looking for someone to protect you from ME...when you are snoring some scary thoughts go through my mind, mwa ha ha!

P.S. I'm scared of the zombies now too, but that book is too good NOT to read.

Rock Chef said...

Yes, the spouse is always the first suspect ;-)

Logzie said...

Awe, well now you have Ali back to protect you from the boogie man. :0)