Thursday, March 22, 2007

Just what the Doctor, uh, NURSE ordered.

Today was one of those days. Nothing seemed to be going right, time flew by way too quickly, and one of my patients wasn't doing too well.
Nothing that I did, he was sent from another hospital in less than stellar condition.
I still insist that they should make Nursing students become a patient for a day to see what it's like from the other side of the fence. I had back surgery a few years back, and I always treat everyone how I'd like to be treated, not how i was treated, but that's another story.
Anyway, on my way home, I was thinking of a way to relax once I got home. I turned up the stereo, and sang along to The Weakerthans as loud as I could, and rocked out at every single red light I hit.
That was it. Just what I needed. And it was free!! The music put me in such a good mood, I actually slowed down just to finish a wicked air guitar solo...
By the way, tomorrow I have to attend an education day at work. This is a mandatory session, where they show us the latest policies, procedures, blah, blah, blah. I'm just pumped that I get to wear jeans tomorrow. OR scrubs just aren't that flattering, although it's like I get to go to work everyday in my p.j.'s.
They should make that a rule for everyone.
I've got big plans for the weekend, how 'bout you? Good company, good food, and maybe even a drink or two...

5 comments:

Rock Chef said...

The medical profession needs more like you! People who actually give a shit about those they are treating!

There is a Ted Nugent song called "What the Doctor ordered", which is great for clearing the head, and yes there is one of his guitar solos...

Weekend. I never know what is coming! Except for major food shopping at Tesco on Sunday morning...

Have a good one.

Mike said...

John's right... but I'd say lets not limit Chris to just the medical profession. Chris can play a mean air git-ar, and on occasion bust out some rhymes.

This weekend? nothing much... supper with the girlfriends parents on
Sunday... that's pretty much it. I'll send ya an email sometime today.

piece!

mr zig said...

awww... I wish my weekend included a drink or two... darn doctors telling me not too - Hm... perhaps I'll sneak one anyway :)

Irene said...

Nothing is better than driving (or jogging or walking) with great music and just feeling happy (I'd say singing along, but I don't sing along while jogging cause that'd be silly). Ok, maybe a few things are better, but nonetheless The Weakerthans rock!

And my weekend- well, as Mike said dinner on Sunday. And a fancy haircut for me on Saturday. We're really kicking it up a notch this weekend!

j.k.a said...

I love the weakerthans! I have just about worn out their last album...

As someone who has spent almost a month in the hospital in the last year, I very much appreciate anyone who treats patients well. I have a few horror stories for sure, but there were a few who truly made what I was going through more bearable, so kudos to you!