Thursday, December 11, 2008

Superstitions

As a man, I have some superstitions when it comes to sports.

I always wear my Bomber jersey to games. I think the world will end if I don't.

I have to watch an away game, or else my team will lose. This one doesn't make much sense, because they still lose anyway.

When I go away to watch my first NFL game, I will have to wear something with Denver Broncos on it. Not in plain sight, I don't have a death wish, but something nonetheless.

Other superstitions include not stepping on the first base line when playing baseball, or putting on my wedding ring a certain way, so the engraving faces upward.

When I go fishing, the first fish is always let go - this produces more fish in the end.

What are some of your superstitions in life?


4 comments:

Rock Chef said...

I don't think I am that superstitious, but my wife always opens the front and back doors of the house at midnight on New Year - letting out the old year and letting in the new. Not doing this is supposed to be bad.

Unknown said...

I must warn you, Wreggie will be wearing the same underwear he has since Carolina's first home win. It has an odd odor and flies can always be seen following him :)

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Makes perfect sense to me. Why do you think I keep cooking those damn brats every week?

I have three team jerseys one of which is 6 years old and they have never been washed. All three have been to St Croix with me for additional luck.

Might I suggest a bronco sticker on your butt cheek?

Slyde said...

i like the fish one. i may have to start that tradition when next i take my son fishing..