Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sure signs of Fall...and some depressing stuff..then some happy stuff

The NFL season is about to start.

My Broncos look like a team is disarray, first trading away their cry baby Pro Bowl QB, now suspending their only good receiver Brandon Marshall. Again, I wish these whiny humans would actually have to try a real job for once, then they'd have something to cry about.....

My final week of holidays is fast approaching.
I'm taking a friend of mine fishing for a few days. He's had one hell of a shitty year on a personal level, so I think a few days of R & R are in order.
On that note, it has been a shitty year for a few people. My best friend Mike's dad suffered from a series of TIA's (small strokes) and has months of physiotherapy ahead of him. He is a strong man, one who has beaten cancer, so I know he'll pull through this as well.

Mike's wife also has had her share of drama on her side of the family too. She's currently dealing with Cancer in the family, and my thoughts and prayers are with them.
I read somewhere that soon, 1 in 3 people will be touched by cancer. That sucks.

On a happier note, Ellery is growing like a weed. She's repeating everything now, and actually said her first cuss word. Ali was telling me a story, and she used the word "shit".
E heard this, and walked away repeating it several times. Ali and I looked at each other, and vowed to clean up our language around little ears now.

I'm in the final stages of planning my next tattoo. It's a simple thing in honor of Ellery.
I guess the full back piece of Chuck Norris will have to wait.

I have the itch to see another NFL game. I might ask my parents/in-laws to chip in and help cover the cost of me to go see a game in Denver as a Christmas gift. We'll see....

Hope you all have a good weekend.

No comments: