Thursday, June 11, 2009

SO you think I'll admit this?!?!

One of my guilty pleasures lately is the show "So You Think You Can Dance".
This show features an audition from amateur dancers across America. The list is narrowed down to 20, then they whittle the list down to one winner.

Ali has watched this show from the beginning, and I find myself watching with her more often than not. Plus, the side stories form some dancers are enough to make you want to cry.
You know, the 17 year old girl who had no money growing up, so her dad worked the job in the factory, then washed dishes at night to put her through dance class, just so he could end up getting cancer, and on his death bed, requesting that she enter this competition only to be the dark horse and America's favorite little orphan, then lose in the finals? Yeah. That good.

Plus, this show also demonstrates to me how out of shape I am, and that I never have a chance of being as physically gifted as these young kids.

I mean, I'm so great, there's nobody smarter/more handsome/awesome than me. I'm the best at everything that I do. ;)

1 comment: