Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy 1st birthday to mini-me


Today marks Ellery's first birthday.
At this time last year, we were making our way to the hospital, where we would spend the next 12 hours eagerly awaiting her arrival.

Our little girl has been the best thing that has happened to us. She has made me more patient, more caring, more sensitive and more aware of my surroundings.


It makes me warm and fuzzy whenever somebody says that she looks just like me.
It must be a good thing if everyone says she's sooooo cute, right?

Everyday with her is an adventure. She makes new sounds, new faces, new words, and I never thought that a 1 year old could have such an attitude when she doesn't get her way!

Happy birthday E. Daddy and mommy love you more than the world.

3 comments:

Rock Chef said...

She is a cute one, but by the sound of it you will have great fun with the "terrible 2s"!

Happy Birthday to Miss E, and congrats to the 2 of you - she couldn't have happened to a nicer couple.

Unknown said...

Happy birthday!!!

It just keeps getting better and better from here :)

James said...

Happy birthday to Miss E. That has sure gone quick. I think she looks the perfect blend of both you and Ali.