Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wow, we wrangled warm weather, Wreggie!


SO, it finally hot a balmy 16 Celsius today. The snow is melting, and the birds are alive in the sunlight.

I spend the last few days in Ontario with the family, and was actually able to get outside in a T-shirt.

I helped dig out little canals to channel the water out of my parent's yard.

I placed a huge Bomber logo on the back window of my car. Sadly, it's now the most expensive part on my car.

I was finally able to visit my best friend and his wife Irene. It feels like 20 years ago since I've last seen them. His birthday is a month earlier, so he had to add "Now you know what it's like to be 31" to the end of his happy birthday wish to me. Apparently, he's going to do this every year from now on.

Now that I've actually turned 31, it's not such a big deal. Maybe it worried me to think that I was just 30, but not yet into my 30's. Whatever. I'm still young at heart.

Speaking of young, I watched a great special on Neil Young called "Neil Young: Heart of Gold".
I recommend it. Did you know Mr. Young spend his early years here in Winnipeg?

Next month brings the promise of warmer weather (maybe even shorts weather) and Ellery's 1st birthday. I can't wait to see her up to her elbows in chocolate cake.
Speaking of cake, did you or any of your friends ever have money cakes when you were younger?
First, how unsanitary was that, and second, I wonder how many kids suffered from bowel obstructions after swallowing those dirty coins.

Enjoy the rest of the week.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Ahem. Your WIFE had money cakes. That would be ME.
My mom would wrap the money up in saran wrap before putting it in the cake, just fyi.
Jeez - live a little :P

Rock Chef said...

Wow, I can't believe that Miss E is nearly a year old!

When I was a child we had money in our Christmas Puddings, but not normal cakes.

31 and still young? Of course you are! You're just a baby to the likes of me! I'll be 46 this summer!

Talking of summer, we had our first thunderstorm of the year last night! Summer really is coming!

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I'm all a flutter...did you see the NFL schedule was released last night?