Monday, April 28, 2008

The click that changed my life...

Today we installed the car seat. Actually, it's now called a "carrier system" which includes the base, car seat, and the stroller. The colour won't give anything away either, it's called "green tea".

After I heard the clicking sound to say that the seat was firmly locked in place, it was official.
I had to drive down Portage Avenue to drop off our income tax, and I noticed that I had already modified my driving. I was more cautious, and was noticing all of the bad drivers.

I'm already dreading the first drive home after the baby is born. Alison and I joke that I'll be driving in the slow lane with my four way flashers on, cursing every driver that comes too close for comfort.

We've also installed a web cam, so if we can show our parents how to access the camera from their computers, they can see us and the bean, and capture how quickly he/she will change...

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Wow, what a moment! I can remember the moment I really believed that I was going to be a father - we were walking along the road chatting about it and suddenly my legs went! I had to sit on someone's garden wall!

Maybe you should start saving for a Humvee?

Ali said...

Maybe I should drive home...hehe.