Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back in the good books?

After arriving back home in Winnipeg today, I received a message on my machine from my manager. She just wanted me to know that she has moved a few days of my work schedule around to allow me to go to the remaining football games. I gave her the Blue Bomber schedule earlier in the year, and she said she would try to switch those days around. It's amazing what working a few overtime shifts can get a guy hey?

My holidays are coming to an end. I went to visit my parents for a few days, got out fishing with a buddy, and ate some good food. This weekend is the annual "Banjo bowl" between the Bombers and our prairie rivals, the Saskatchewan Roughriders. This is a good weekend of football, and now they have turned it into an entire weekend of festivities. There is a pancake breakfast on Friday, where you can schmooze with some Alumni. On Saturday, there is a fan appreciation day, with kids activities, games, and a concert at night. Sunday is the big game.

I still have one week of holidays left in October. My dad and I were tossing around the idea of heading to Denver to see our beloved Broncos play, but I don't know if our schedules will allow it.

Last, but not least, I'm home with Ali. I was gone only four days, but sleeping alone in a bed just seems to lose it's appeal after about an hour or so. I'm looking forward to curling up in our king-sized bed, talking and laughing in the dark, then having a good night's sleep next to my wife.

I'm glad to be back home, blogging again, watching football practice, and getting back into my normal routine. In a strange way, I'm even kind of looking forward to getting back to work on Monday.

2 comments:

Rock Chef said...

Well that all sounds jolly nice, especially having your work shuffled around like that! It pays to be a good guy!

krista said...

I saw your eyes light up like a little boys as you were talking about the Bomber weekend! Ricky gets that way about fishing!